Thursday 21 March 2013

Rather Small Boots Haul!

On my way back from college today, I decided to go into Boots to pick up a few items to add to my monthly collection after realising that there is now 3 for 2 over make-up and hair. For some reason I can't just go into Boots and pick up all of the things I want, I have to pick a few up every so often. (Yes I know that may seem weird...)

Excuse the playdough tools, my sister wanted to join in!


Over the past couple of weeks I have been really into lip products. I have been wanting to buy loads of different products but I don't think my bank balance would like it! Anyways, I have been really into pale and bright pinks recently and have bought the Revlon 'Colourburst Lip Butter' in the shade 'Strawberry Shortcake 080' (Boots £7.99) This is a sheer light pink with a shiny finish. This is a really easy to wear colour and is hydrating on the lips. I have found that this is one of the most quick and easy to apply lip products. It's like a lip balm. I guess that the darker colours may be a bit harder but this one is so easy and great for taking around in your bag. Next I bought the Rimmel 'Apocalips'. These have been the most hyped up lip products over the past month or so. I have mine in the shade 'Nova 102' (Boots £5.99). I bought this a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I have not heard of many people using the shade that I bought but it is a really pretty dark pink colour with a slightly purple undertone. These are so easy to apply and last for ages once dry. I will defiantly be buying more colours if I can find one that hasn't been opened!

Lip Products


Today I bought the new MaxFactor Colour Elixir Lip Crayons. I don't even think that these are supposed to be released until next week but I found them displayed and decided to try one, I bought the shade 'Princess Rose 01' (Boots £6.99). I have been slightly disappointed by this product mainly because of the fact that the really pretty shade didn't suit me and I have also found it quite sticky. These are quite similar to the Barry M 'Lip Lacquer Crayons' (Boots £4.99). I prefer the Barry M formulation which is less sticky and stains better but the colour range of the Max Factor crayons are so much nicer. The last lip product I have bought is the Nivea Lip Butter in the flavour 'Rasperry Rose' (Boots £2.25). Although there isn't much to say on this as it is just a balm but this is a really good product for nourishing the lips and it smells incredible! Just like raspberry petit filous and the insides of strawberry Jammy Dodgers (yummy!!). I would recommend this to anyone.

Poor lighting but 'Nova', 'Strawberry Shortcake' and 'Princess Rose'


Carrying on with make up, I wanted to try a new foundation and I actually found a drugstore one that matches my skin tone! I now use the Rimmel Match Perfection liquid foundation in the shade 'Light Porcelain' (Boots £6.99). This is a great foundation for the price. It's nothing special but it matches my skin tone perfectly which is very rare for me so I'm really happy that I bought it! I also bought a Real Techniques foundation brush to use with it (Boots £9.99). I have never used a foundation brush but I hate using liquids and sponges so this has been perfect. It applies really evenly, is perfect for blending and doesn't leave streaks. The last face item is another product that has been raved about for ages is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I'm the shade 'Fair 1' (Boots £4.19). I am yet to use this so I'll have to see whether it's worth the hype and comment!

Face make-up!


Going onto hair products I invested in some spray wax. I bought the Lee Stafford Messed Up, Light Spray Wax (Boots £5.49). I don't get on that well with hair wax that is in a pot and hairspray never holds my hair so I thought it be good to try it in a spray form.

Wax spray, Hand Food and Simple wipes


I also bought another tube of Hand Food from Soap and Glory (Boots £5.00). I love this stuff as my hands have been so dry at the moment. It smells and feels incredible and doesn't leave a residue. The last thing that I bought is just a pack of Simple Facial Wipes (Boots £3.25). 

Overall I'm quite happy with my purchases and hope to get good use out of them!

Emily x

12 comments:

  1. Great buys.. You've defo reminded me to get some face wipes!

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got some lovely things, i really like and use most of them as well!

    www.boldinballerinass.blogspot.co.uk

    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, most of them have proved to be great! x

      Delete
  3. You've picked up lots! I love that concealer and the rimmel apocalips and of course you can't go wrong with S&G or RT brushes!

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The concealer is great and so is Real Techniques brush! x

      Delete
  4. You bough so many things that I'd like to try out!! :) xx


    Please go ahead and read my newest article on

    www.searchingforLBD.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend everything apart from the Max Factor crayon, it hasn't been that good :( x

      Delete
  5. Love all of the things that you picked, i especially like the lip butter it's my favorite one!

    daintydaffs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that lip butter - seriously, I can't get over the scent of it! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, the main reason I use it is because of the smell!

      Delete