Wednesday 20 March 2013

Benefit's Apology!

Not long ago I stumbled across a coupon from my Boots advantage card for a free makeover and sample of foundation from the Benefit counter. Unfortunately my make over didn't go very well. I was so disappointed about this as I love Benefit as a company, so I wrote a complaint to Benefit themselves. Their customer service was brilliant! I got a reply within a couple of days telling me that my complaint would be sent to the counter that I was served at to see how they could improve the service and I was also asked for my address so they could send me something to say sorry.

The package was delivered the next day (that made me very happy indeed!) and had a 15% off my next online purchase coupon and a 'Go Tropi Coral' gift set which retails for £25.50! I was amazed and so thankful to receive such a gift! Benefit's customer service has been incredible and I would like to thank the lovely people who helped me. I thought I'd give a review on the products that came with the set. There are 4 mini's in this set.


Tropi-Coral!

Firstly, when you open the box there is a couple of tip and trick sheets that open to reveal a handy mirror. These show you how to use the products that are in the the set which I found helpful. There is also a sheet of the tips in different languages that have been included for those who don't speak English. Starting from left to right, the first product is the 'Cha Cha Tint' which is a cheek and lip tint. This is not one of my favourite products as it is a rather vibrant orange that fades into a bright coral pink. For a full size 12.5ml bottle, this retails for £24.50. Unfortunately this doesn't suit my pale skin tone. I do love the colour and may wear it in the summer if I magically develop a tan. The only problem with this tint is that as soon as you apply it to the skin you have to quickly blend it before the dabs stain. It also slightly stained my fingers as this is how I applied it but that didn't bother me. I like the smell and hope that I can use this in summer although I doubt I'd purchase the full size.

Cha Cha Tint and High Beam


The next product is 'High Beam'. This is one of Benefits top selling products and I see why! For a full size 13ml bottle this retails for £18.50. You apply this as a highlighter. The colour is a really shiny sheer pink which catches the light. I absolutely love this and will be purchasing this when I run out.


























Swatches from left to right match products from left to right.


Next is the blush 'Coralista'. This is a very typical coral shade which lasts for the whole day. The box of this blush retails for £23.50. This is a very pretty colour which can be worn during day and night. The brush that comes with it is great and applies well. As I am so pale I only use a small amount of this at one time so it will take me a while to run out. I will defiantly be trying the other blushers and bronzers from Benefit as the 'Coralista' blush is amazing.


Coralista and it's brush


The last thing in the box is a lip gloss. I am not a huge fan of lip gloss so I can't say that I love this product. Having sticky lips really doesn't appeal to me so I can't give a great review on this! I have the 'Ultra Plush Coralista' shade which is actually a really pretty colour. Although it looks really orange when swatched, the colour is really nice on the lips and is not as sticky as I thought it would be. I would love a sheer lipstick in this shade and hope that I can find one soon.


Coralista Lip Gloss (this mini is such a cute size!)


I am very happy and thankful for Benefit's amazing customer service and gift! I hope to purchase from them again in the near future.

Emily x

4 comments:

  1. I really want one of these benefit sets xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good, I'd recommend them to everyone!

      Emily x

      Delete
  2. Wow you lucky girl! What was wrong with your makeover?
    Thanks for commenting on my blog. I want to follow but can't find your google friend connect?
    Maybe you could follow back?!
    http://thepowderednose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately the lady serving me made me look very cakey and orange and barely talked to me throughout the whole thing! When she did speak she was very blunt but they seem to be much more welcoming at my closet counter now! It's all sorted now :)

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete