Friday 29 March 2013

Nail Varnish Haul!


Over the past month or two I have picked up a few different nail varnishes and I thought I would write about them. 

Too many Barry M ones?!


Unfortunately I don't have any of these nail wheels so I'm going to swatch the coloured ones onto cardboard (let me know where I can get the wheels from!).

The Nails Inc. varnishes were pretty pricey at £11 each but were defiantly worth it! They seem really runny but they apply easily and the white 'Floral Street 072' is really pigmented and only needs one coat, making it perfect for French manicures. The glitter 'Graffiti in Old Street 492' is consistent and gives a fair amount of coverage that can be built. I would have a huge collection of these nail varnishes if the price was a bit more reasonable.

These are both one coat each, the white is so pigmented!


The Barry M Nail Paints cost £2.99 for the clear 'Basecoat, Topcoat and Nail Hardener All in One 251', glitter 'Rose Quartz 310', purple 'Berry 302' and mint green 'Blue Moon 303' and £3.99 for the Gelly type; the nude 'Lychee 311' and blue 'Blueberry 302'. These are quite reasonably priced. The All in One clear and Rose Quartz are defiantly worth the buy but the colours (both the standard and Gelly) are not hugely pigmented which means they need a couple of coats and they take forever to dry. The colours are really nice though so this is a bit of a let down. Also, I'm not sure if it's just me but 'Blueberry' has a really strange smell?!

The green looks as if it has no colour!


Next are the Maybelline Color Show nail lacquers. I picked out a few of these as I liked the colour range but I was disappointed in these as well. The brushes that came with them were flat so therefore quite easy to apply but the bottle was really tall where the neck was built up. this makes it difficult to get more colour on the brush and will be such a faff when they begin to run out. I bought the colours 'Wine Shimmer 265' which is a glittery red/fuchsia, 'Peach Pie 31' this is a very sheer pink good for applying after a French manicure and 'Cool Blue 651' which is a bright sky blue. These were £2.99 each. They dried quickly with one coat but anymore meant a long wait. The worst thing is that they chipped within a day or after anything more than washing hands (e.g. showering). I loved the colour range but these could do with a bit of work!

Unfortunatly 'Peach Pie' just made the cardboard look wet!


Lastly is a 17 nail polish (Boots brand). This is from the Lasting Fix range and is in the shade 'Mini Skirt' which is a pearly white which cost £2.99. In the store this looked like a solid white that I could use for the tips of my nails but it isn't! I do like this nail varnish; it lasts well, doesn't take long to dry and looks appealing. I will be looking at the 17 varnishes again when I fancy some more varnishes. There is no picture for this as it didn't show up on the cardboard. 

Please let me know of any other good nail varnishes that don't cost a fortune!

Emily x

17 comments:

  1. I have quite a thing for nail polish - it's strangely addicting! The Nails Inc nail polishes are so good but so expensive. I only have one because it came free with Glamour once :3 I tend to get most of my nail polish at Fragrance Direct. It's a great place to find discounted nail polish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is addicting! And ooh I'll have a look, thank-you!

      Emily x

      Delete
  2. I love Barry M they're my favorite brand for nail polishes great choices!

    daintydaffs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good, they've got such a good colour range!

      Emily x

      Delete
  3. really want to try the barrym gelly polishes but love the maybelline colour show ones! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the colour ranges of the maybelline the most!

      Emily x

      Delete
  4. eeee love this and your bllog please check out mine xxx
    http://hughesingg.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a couple of the Barry M gelly polishes this week and love them, I love lychee and really want to try blueberry!

    Rosie
    x
    therunwayrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both really nice colours! I look forward to trying more

      Emily x

      Delete
  6. I love the barry m nails paints they are so pigmented! xx


    http://bebeautiful901.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish they dried a little bit quicker!

      Emily x

      Delete
  7. What a great haul! Loving those Barry M. polishes especially. So wishing we had Barry M. here in Canada!

    -Jen :)

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame! They're really good quality for the price!

      Emily x

      Delete
  8. You can never have too many Barry M nail paints :)

    http://majellarose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too much nail varnish of any brand!

      Emily x

      Delete
  9. Sure! I followed you :)

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete