Friday 15 February 2013

The Sweetest Thing - Valentines Day.


From here on now I'm going to start writing a beauty blog! 'Ooh how exciting!' some may say but to be honest I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. If I had to give a small description of myself I would say: Hi, I'm Emily, I am 16, a chocoholic and I love to view beauty blogs and videos.

I have a YouTube channel of my own but I find it difficult to get the energy to keep up to date with it. I prefer to write so I thought this may be something that interests me. 

Anyway lets get on with it! 

Today has been pretty boring to be honest, I've just stayed in watching YouTube videos until my head couldn't take any-more so I did some sorting. I didn't want to do a video (as I'm still in my pyjamas, shhh) so I decided to write this. 

Yesterday my lovely boyfriend Jack bought me chocolates, roses and a Lush gift set (yes I'm spoilt and very lucky). I have recently been obsessed with Lush and was excited to receive more products! I got the gift 'The Sweetest Thing' which contains a cute star shaped 'The Godmother' soap, a 'Shimmy Shimmy' massage bar and the smaller sized pot of 'Sweetie Pie' shower jelly. I thought I'd give a review and explanation of my gift!


The Sweetest Thing


The Godmother soap, in my opinion isn't my my favourite product in the gift set. It is a dark red sort of colour and in the gift set, is shaped as a star which gives it a cute look. The smell is what makes me undecided on whether or not I like it. It is very sweet and according to the Lush website shares the same fragrance as the 'Snow Fairy' shower gel that I know comes out for the Christmas season. Loads of people rave about this scent but I don't understand the hype over it. I will use this soap but I doubt I'll purchase this item for myself when I finish it.


The Godmother Soap


Next up is the 'Shimmy Shimmy' massage bar. I like the massage bars from Lush, they are moisturising and smell gorgeous. My current favourite is 'Soft Coeur' which is heart shaped chocolate centred one which I would recommend to everyone! Back to 'Shimmy Shimmy', this bar is pretty scentless but to me has a slight vanilla note to it. It is another heart shaped bar but this one is packed full of glitter. The bar melts when you rub it over your skin. This one moisturises and covers you in gold glitter at the same time so is described as great for a night out.


Shimmy Shimmy Massage Bar
Mine didn't come out of the mould very well :(


Last up is the 'Sweetie Pie' shower jelly. I already have some of this in my bathroom and it is amazing! For those of you that have never used shower jellies need to try them. They lather up well and are much more fun than shower gel. 'Sweetie Pie' smells sweet and like cherries and blackcurrant, it also contains blue glitter but this just washes away in the shower. I would recommend this to people who prefer showers to baths.


Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly


All in all I'm really grateful for my gifts and I hope everyone else had a great Valentines day! 

Emily x

8 comments:

  1. What a great set! Love the scent of the Godmother soap :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And I'm still unsure but I might come round to it!

      Delete
  2. omg cute products! your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute gift! I just started a blog as well if you'd like to check it out (:

    andradeleonela11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete