Saturday 23 February 2013

Bathroom Tour!

Hello again!

Today my mum decided to clean the bathroom (I didn't help and now feel bad oops) and I sorted out my products that are in my bathroom so I thought I would share them with you!

Firstly I'm going to start with my creams and face things that live by my window and sink.

Window products!


Over here I usually alternate my products so the products that are here today will probably be completely different by next week! First up I have my Smoothie Star body milk by Soap and Glory (Boots 500ml £10.00) which smells of biscuits and is incredibly moisturising. Then a tub of Strawberries and Milkshake body butter from the I Love... brand (Superdrug 200ml £2.05). This isn't the best butter that I have used, the consistency is quite runny and could almost qualify as a lotion, but the smell is lovely and it sinks in to the skin really quickly without leaving a residue. The last moisturiser/lotion by my sink is a Vanilla body lotion from The Body Shop. I believe that this is discontinued and it hasn't wowed me so I won't say much about it but I did pick it up for a few pounds in a Body Shop sale not long ago and it has just been a staple lotion for me.

The last thing by my sink is Soap and Glory's Peaches and Clean 4-in-1 Wash Off Deep Cleansing Milk which is for the face (Boots 200ml £7.00). The product claims to smooth and soften skin, purify, deep clean and give a clearer, fresher and brighter complexion. I feel that this product does all that it claims and is amazing! I do not use this everyday due to my skin being sensitive but it is great teamed up with a weekly or fortnightly face mask. It has helped to reduce my breakouts and I would give this product a 10 out of 10! 

By the way Boots is currently offering 3 for 2 on Soap and Glory but I am banning myself from buying more until I use more of my products up!

Yes, my manual brush is bright pink.


Next up is dental hygiene (yawn.) I have two toothbrushes (one manual and one electric) and two toothpastes which I alternate (is that weird?). I use my electric toothbrush most of the time which is an Oral B Professional Care 600 Floss Action brush (Boots £49.99) along with my Colgate Max White One toothpaste (Boots 75ml £3.99) which has given visible results! I would recommend this to everyone wanting whiter teeth!

Yes my razor is a Tesco basic males one. They're great for use over winter when you're not showing your legs!


Now into the shower oooh.. I'll start with my staple hair products. I switch between Big Shampoo (Lush 330g £11.25) which is my favourite. This a sea salt shampoo which adds loads of volume and shine to the hair but is quite expensive so I only use it maybe once or twice a week. I also use Rainforest Balance Shampoo (The Body Shop 60ml £2.00) which is for oily hair and Head and Shoulders Classic Clean (Boots 500ml £4.99) to help with my occasional itchy scalp. I don't use conditioner frequently as I find it makes my hair oily but occasionally I use sachets of deep conditioning treatment that you can find in hair care sections in places like Boots.

Cleansing products! I have recently been using the shower jellies from Lush one of which came in my gift set that I mentioned in me previous blog post. I am currently using the Sweetie Pie one (Lush 100g £3.10) which is explained in more detail in my previous post. I use the strawberry scented shower gel from The Body Shop (250ml £4.00) which is a great summer scent and goes well with their body butter. I find it great to use whilst shaving and was the first one I tried from The Body Shop. My current exfoliator is another product from the I Love... range in the scent raspberry & blackberry (Superdrug 200ml £2.05) it is just a product I'm using up to be honest. There is a huge lack of exfoliating beads in my opinion. I prefer to have something more rough on my skin but I guess this would be ideal for someone who doesn't like that. The scent is nice but it isn't a great product.

My soap tray/dish.


Last up is my soap dish which contains slices of cut up bars that I have bought. The red coloured one is a Christmas one from Lush called North Pole. This doesn't smell Christmassy to me but of chocolate and mint. I wish it was available all year round! The green white looking one is Miranda (Lush 100g £3.40) which smells like dolly mix. The only thing I would put down about it is that it can be very drying. It would be better if it was a bit more moisturising on the skin. 



I had to include my new body puff from Primark for only £1.00! Bargain!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed my tour around my bathroom!

Emily x

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I always love to snoop and see how other bloggers organize their products. Love the Soap & Glory products on the ledge and the Lush goodies in the bath :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete