Sunday 21 April 2013

Polka Dot Nails!

Spring is finally starting to show and I'm loving it (apart from my hayfever)! Today was slightly chilly so I decided to have a lazy Sunday in. I also decided to paint my nails with a spring theme.

Springtime!

Recently I invested in a Nail Decoration Tool from Avon (Avon Catalogue £3.00). I used the end part which has a tiny metal ball on the end for the dots. It took a while for me to get to used to this and creating the same sized dots but it was really handy! The other end is a small brush which I haven't tried using yet but will be useful for lines and patterns.

Nail Decoration Tool


The blue is Barry M's Gelly High Shine Nail Paint in the shade 'Blueberry' (Boots, £3.99). This is a bright blue colour that will look great for spring and summer time. It doesn't take too long to dry and only takes a couple of coats for the colour in the bottle. This is reasonably priced and I would recommend these nail paints to anyone as there is a huge range of colours. For the polka dots I used a Nails Inc polish in the shade 'Floral Street' (nailsinc.com, £11). This is quite a pricey product but it stays for ages and is great for manicure nail tips so it should last with my polka dot design. I didn't try to make the dots neat as I was getting used to the tool but I think they look pretty anyway! 


Freshly painted nails!

I hope everyone is well and has had a great weekend!
Emily x

26 comments:

  1. cute nail design, quick and easy.

    XOXO,
    Angelis

    angelisd@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dots looks great, I should definitely grab one of these tools at some point.
    It looks like fun :)

    Emily x - prettypleaseprettyplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! The tools just make everything so much easier and save me from using up my hair grips!

      Emily x

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I love this! The blue shade is great and the polka dots are such a cute touch. You did a great job! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue is so different and pretty! Thank-you!

      Emily x

      Delete
  4. I love these, they look really professional too (:


    http://laurathroughthelens.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your nails look AMAZING, I love it! :)

    Have a Terrific Thursday!
    xoxo
    Crystal

    My Blog, Crystal Chizoba
    My YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so cute, and girly xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! They match almost every outfit too!

      Emily x

      Delete
  7. Cute design :) I love the Gelly collection and can't wait for the new shades this summer and I just ordered my first Nails inc polishes today so I'm glad to hear good things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I love the Gelly paints too, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your Nails inc ones, they're pretty expensive but great quality!

      Emily x

      Delete
  8. Such a simple and pretty design! I think im going to try to find a tool like that!

    www.evrything-nothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I'm sure I've seen quite a few around!

      Emily x

      Delete
  9. These are really cute! :)
    Kelouise xo

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nails look gorgeous! I'll need to invest in one of those nail art pens from Avon

    Rhiannon xx
    http://the-mascara-story.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! They're defiantly worth it!

      Emily x

      Delete