Thursday 4 April 2013

Neon/Bright Lips!

Recently I have seen a neon/bright lipsticks come into colour for the warmer seasons. I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and buy myself one! I endedd up buying a very bright pink from Maybelline. I have one from the 'Color Sensational Vivid Lipstick Collection' in the shade 'Fuchsia Flash' (Boots, £7.19). This is an extremely bright pink which I love! The lipstick stays well and goes on easily. One bad thing is that this really stains the lips and can be quite hard to get off.

 
'Fuchsia Flash'


Firstly I have exfoliated my lips with the e.l.f. 'Lip Exfoliator' (eyeslipface.co.uk, £3.75), wiped this off then applied a small amount of Nivea 'Lip Butter' (Boots, £2.25) in the flavour 'Raspberry Rose', to keep my lips moisturised.

 
Lip exfoliator and butter.


To apply this, firstly I have lined my lips with a pink lip liner. The closest in my collection to the shade of the lipstick was the 'Barry M Lip Liner' in the shade 'Fuchsia 12' (Superdrug, £2.99). Although this is a cheap liner, it does a really good job! I have outlined the bottom and tops of my lips mainly to give me an outline for the lipstick.

 
Lined Lips!


I have then applied the lipstick to my bottom lip and rubbed it onto the top one then neatened it all up. I blotted my lips on a tissue then applied a very small amount of translucent powder onto and around the lips, added another coat of lipstick and blotted again. 


Pretty in pink?

The new trend seems to be wearing a really bright colour with a subtle look everywhere else. I like to wear this shade with light eye and face make-up. I think that this trend will be rather big throughout the summer time (if it comes!). 

Emily x

10 comments:

  1. wow most get me some too
    well done :) xo
    http://everythingcocochanell.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look gorgeous. I need to get some neon lip products!

    Rosie
    x
    therunwayrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend the Maybelline ones!

      Emily x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful colors...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try that lip exfoliator now, I definitely need something like this

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lip exfoliator is honestly amazing! and sure :)

      Emily x

      Delete
  5. I always love hot pink lips and you wear this shade so well! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lip exfoliator looks really interesting! I love the LUSH lip scrub!

    Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! I haven't tried the Lush ones yet!

      Emily x

      Delete